Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy Birthday

It was Baby Gl's 1st birthday this weekend.  Since the whole family was away it was just us 3 together.  I took Baby GL on Friday to have pictures done.  It wasn't the most successful trip we've had.  He is so distracted by the bright lights that he doesn't react to any of the funny faces and noises both myself and the photographer were doing.  It preferred laying there with arms wide open with a very non-smiley face. The only was I could get him to react was to give him a toy in which he put in his mouth so many pictures were with something in his mouth.  We tried to put him on his tummy and he wasn't having it. The photographer had to be very quick with her shots to get anything. In the end we did get some great shots.  The most important picture I needed was one with my hands and his feet.  One of his first pictures after birth was me holding his feet.  I wanted to show how much he had grown.  He went from my finger tips holding his feet to my thumb and index finger cupping his foot.  Any other pictures were just extra from there.

One place I was excited to go was to my OB.  I know what woman gets excited by this.  Well, the appointment came at the perfect time being on Friday.  She delivered Baby GL via emergency c-section and I remember her making it a point for me to see him before they took him into the NICU.  We didn't know the outcome back then.  Now, a year later she got to meet the big boy.  It was exciting for her to meet the miracle she delivered.

Saturday, for Baby GL's birthday, I got him a couple baby balloons. Perfectly sized for him.  No cake for him but I did put a little happy birthday decor on his bottle.  He got a couple toys for his birthday, one being a piano, that would normally go on the side of his crib. However, Baby GL prefers it on the floor, under hid feet so he can bang on it and push the keys with his feet.  I also got him a toy to stick on his new high chair that took me weeks to research and finally buy to have it on backorder.  Oh well.  He won't know the difference if it came now or later.  Who knows if he'll even like being in a high chair.

Aside from his birthday we've been working on getting him through a cold and cough.  The schmutzy nose is pretty much cleared up but we're still battling the cough.  We've turned back to nebulizer to give him the Albuterol treatments. It's a little more effective over the inhaler.  We wait until he's asleep so that he won't fight it.  The inhaler has become a battle to give him now.  He turned 1 and now he's got an attitude.  He's always called the shots from day one so I guess it's not any different than normal.

This week we have a visit from the nurse to deliver Baby GL's final Synergist shot.  It's a sign we're getting out of flu season and spring is coming.  We have another appointment this week, but I honestly am not sure which department we're going to.  It's in my calendar so I know I need to go.

Other things coming up will be his CT scan on his lungs. He'll need sedation for that which is never something I like thinking about. He'll also be having an echo on his heart next week.  Once again we'll have to have sedation for that.  At least both tests are brief.

Thank you to everyone who have offered your birthday wishes to Gianluca.  It's been a long and blessed year for us.  We can see a much easier year ahead and one with great achievements.  

No comments:

Post a Comment