Search This Blog

Sunday, May 8, 2011

HUGE WEEKEND!!!

We have had a great week.  On Wednesday, Baby GL went in for his first testosterone shot in preparation for his surgery in June.  It's always heartbreaking because he cries immediately.  This time it was followed by vomiting his breakfast on the nurse.  Note to self, don't feed a chid before a painful shot.  He recovered quickly at least.  


Our biggest news this week was on Friday.  Baby GL finally sprouted his first tooth.   He's 14 months old, just about 11 months corrected so I think it's perfect timing.  Everyone wanted to feel it but he is so particular about what gets close to his mouth.  He locks those lips so tight you can't get anything in.  It takes some trickery to get your finger in.  You can just feel the tip of a sharp tooth on the lower left front.  I was jumping for joy.  It actually put together how he's been feeling this week.


Today was my 2nd Mother's Day, 1st Mother's Day with Baby GL home.  He gave me the best present.  This morning I caught him rolling over from his back onto his tummy, then lunging forward to reach something.  HUGE accomplishment.  Therapy has been working on him rolling over for a while and when you put him on his tummy he just rolls off onto his back.  For him to do this on his own is really showing how much he's growing.  


Later this evening I caught him fully rolled over onto his tummy, reaching for the remote control that was on the floor.  He wasn't in reach of it see he was making attempts to get his knees under him, but he wouldn't quite push himself up onto his hands.  He whined and cried the whole way, slowly inching forward in a wiggly motion until he finally quit to cry.  He was satisfied when I picked him up and gave him the remote.  Just like a typical man, give him his remote.  He gets crazy excited for the computer, too.  My nephew was encouraged to crawl with the remote control, as well.  What motivates these kids just makes me wonder.  


I don't think I could've asked for a better Mother's Day.  I know that there are many more to come and that each one will be more and more special because of Baby GL.

No comments:

Post a Comment