Search This Blog

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Rolled Over


So yesterday, since we were snowed in with no place to go, Baby GL and I spent the day playing.  Well, I wouldn't say just playing, there was a lot of time spent eating and sleeping, too.  Mostly him, not so much me.  Baby GL loves to play on his play mat, so that's where he spends his play time.  Various point throughout the day I will flip him over onto his belly, which is not something he likes for long periods.  He'll tolerate it very well for a few minutes.  He prefers tummy time more upright, either being held or on in incline, like on his Boppy pillow.  You can see in the picture what he does to get out of that deal.  Well, yesterday he proved to us just how much he doesn't like tummy time.  I put him tummy down and instantly he pushed up into what I would consider an upward facing dog yoga pose.  Basically a push up.  From there he slowly leaned to the left and POOF! rolled over onto his back.  It was so casual, he just rolled and looked up at me like he proved me wrong about putting him tummy down.  

I'm hoping this is just the start for him.  Baby GL is almost 11 months old.  Rolling over would be a great accomplishment for him.  Maybe a semi-crawl by his birthday?  I may be a little ambitious, but he surprises us everyday.   

Boppy Bare Naked Expandable Miracle Middle Pillow







  • 1 comment: