Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

First trip

Baby GL recovered very quickly from surgery.  He was up and playing around by Wednesday without any problems.  By Thursday we were able to give him his bath and he was already healing very well.  Baths are so much fun now because he's sitting up now.  He'll hold on to the front rail in the bath chair so I don't have to lay him back anymore.  I tried to get him to play in the water and splash around.  He's not really interested in that yet.  He laughed with me a little, but he's not sure about the splashing and playing in the water.  He's not just sitting up in the tub now, he sits up to play and he sat up really well in the shopping cart.  He holds the front handle like a big boy.  He's a little unsteady when he twists, but can sit up and lean forward to play with toys.  


This weekend was PolishFest in Milwaukee so my sister and nephew came with Baby GL and I on Friday night.  He wasn't thrilled with the loud Polka music. He is still very sensitive to loud noises and aside from crying he'll try to climb up into our shoulder and snuggle his head in our neck for protection.  It feels really nice as a parent but we know he's not happy.  As long as we moved far enough away he was fine.  We could hear it enough to dance a little and he loved that.  We were able to visit with family and shop for a great Polish t-shirt to add to his wardrobe.  


So we took our first little outing together as a family this weekend.  I decided it was a good time to have my husband take off work and go away for the weekend.  His birthday was last week and then we had father's day this weekend.  We were invited to a wedding in Madison so I thought it was perfect.  We planned to spend some time at the zoo on Saturday, but we got there too late and most of the animals we already packing in for the day.  It was fine, my husband and I enjoyed a nice dinner out while Baby GL slept in the stroller.  Later we went to the wedding for a little while.  The music, once again, was a little too loud for him so we didn't stay long.  


Sunday morning, Baby GL and I took a morning dip in the pool.  It was his first time.  I had tried a few weeks back putting him in a little kid pool outside, but he was very nervous and wouldn't let go of me.  This time I thought it would be better since I was going in with him.  He did really well.  We, again, were dealing with loud noise from some kids.  The screams and loud splashing echos inside.  It was still good to get him in a feel the water.  I'm hoping to get him swimming while he's still young so he's not afraid of the water.  We'll have to hope for some better weather so we can get him in the lake in his little floaty.


Since it was Father's Day we went out for a nice breakfast, which once again Baby GL enjoyed a snooze in the stroller after playing for a bit in a highchair.  He's not terribly thrilled with the restaurant style highchairs yet.  We traveled up to Devil's Lake and then into Wisconsin Dells to just get out and show my husband something he's not yet seen.  Something he's never done before is play mini golf so we had to do that.  We put Baby GL in the back carrier and played 18.  It was a blast.  I really could feel the wonderful energy as a family that we've lacked for so long while dealing with hospital visits and being stuck at home all winter. We've had too many gloomy days and this was one that was relaxed and full of laughter.  I don't think we could've asked for a better day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment