Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Bigger diaper - Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Not a whole lot happening, which is a good thing.  Baby GL received a blood transfusion on Sunday which bumped my time to kangaroo. That's okay, though, because he needed the blood.  He seems comfortable getting blood, it seems to calm him.  His weight was bouncing between 1lb 12oz-13oz.  It was difficult to get an accurate read with his edema. He seems to look better today.  Not as puffy as he was.

Last night I finally had my kangaroo time.  It was short but sweet.  I think Baby GL is so anxious to get rid of the breathing tube he just can't remain still for very long.  The strength he has in his neck is incredible. He tries so hard to smother his face into the bed or my chest when he's on his belly.  I'm not sure if that's his way of trying to get the tube out. He is on some steroid meds to strengthen his lungs now.  The goal is by the end of the week or early next week to get the tube out and begin using a CPAP, continuous positive airway pressure.  This would be through the nose leaving his mouth finally free of tubes.  He's really looking forward to it.  His eyes were wide open last night when I tried to go home to bed.  He just kept looking around like he was planning an escape form the ventilator tube.

Today my husband and I gave Baby GL another one of his baths.  He seems to really enjoy it.  I'm getting faster at getting through it so he handles the pace better.  His feedings changed a little.  Instead of getting 15cc's of milk every 3 hours he's now getting 11cc's of milk every 2 hours.  This is to regulate his blood sugars better.  It is doing the job. His OneTouch readings have been good so no need for insulin.

I can't say that there is much else happening with Baby GL.  That's good news.  I think our goal this week is to make it to 2lbs.  Well, that's really more of a personal goal of mine.  At the pace he's been gaining weight it's not an impossible goal to achieve.  In fact, because of his weight gain and his diaper duties he's been bumped into the next size diaper.  It's a little big for him but with how much he fills his diapers the smaller ones were just not doing the job.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment