Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

First Kiss - March 9, 2010


It's a blessing each day we go with no major issues.  Everything that has happened so far is common for any 26 wk baby.  Yesterday he had his platelet count tested, but everything was just fine.  The only thing that worries me is how many times he gets needle pricks.  Because of how small he is when they do take blood they need to give him blood. He's getting better at that, they don't have to give a blood transfusion right away.
A mother's dream come true!  The nurse allowed me to give my angel his first kiss from his mommy last night.  It's so difficult to not touch him all the time so I couldn't have asked for anything better than to be able to give him a kiss goodnight on his tiny head.  We took our first family picture, too.


Baby GL is opening his left eye often.  His right is still fused but he tries so hard to open it.  I touched his little finger and it was amazing to feel his strength as he pushed back on mine.  He is a little miracle and we are so amazed at all of his movements.  Even when I touch his foot he curls the ball of his foot over my finger.  We're even proud of his urine output, which seems silly but I think it's great.  The nurses put him back in the full diaper because the gauze loincloth wasn't holding enough.  The nurses were changing his bed too often with his messes.  The littlest diaper is still too big for him but I love to know he has healthy organs.  I got to change his diaper again last night and he wiggles just like a full grown baby. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment